Zero Waste Ideas for Home and Life
What makes a household “Zero Waste”? Well, it is a concentrated effort to reducing your household waste to almost nothing. While this may seem completely unattainable, there are simple steps you can take to reduce your consumption and household waste that won’t leave you feeling like you’ve completely changed your lifestyle.
- Bring reusable totes and produce bags to the grocery store. No more annoying plastic bags!
- When stopping by your local coffee shop on the way to work, bring a travel mug from home.
- Pack a lunch every day at work.
- Focus on recycling and composting at home. Research your local landfill and recycle guidelines and know what goes where.
- Purchase dry goods at local Bulk stores. Bring in Tupperware and reusable glass jars.
- Dedicate some time over the weekend to freezer meals. This will help eliminate the urge to call for takeout, cutting down on all that packaging and Styrofoam.
- Shop your local thrift store or consignment stores. Giving old items a new lease on life is a great way to help cut down on items destined for the landfill.
- Purchase a set of stainless-steel straws to reduce plastic waste.